Tuberculosis (TB) is a potentially serious infectious disease that mainly affects your lungs. The bacteria that cause tuberculosis are spread from one person to another through tiny droplets released into the air via coughs and sneezes.
Signs and symptoms of active TB include:
• Coughing that lasts three or more weeks
• Coughing up blood
• Chest pain, or pain with breathing or coughing
• Unintentional weight loss
• Night sweats
• Loss of appetite
• Physical exam: Doctor will check your lymph nodes for swelling and use a stethoscope to listen carefully to the sounds your lungs make while you breathe
• Simple “Skin Test:
• Blood tests:
• Imaging tests:
• Sputum Test:
- Medication Management
- BCG Vaccine is available at Aadil Hospital.
BCG (stands for Bacille Calmette Guerin) : An effective immunization against tuberculosis. BCG is a weakened (attenuated) version of a bacteria called Mycobacterium bovis which is closely related to Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the agent responsible for tuberculosis.
Consult at Aadil Hospital for medical treatment and vaccination.