A progressive disease of the nervous system marked by tremor, muscular rigidity, and slow, imprecise movement, chiefly affecting middle-aged and elderly people.
Primary motor signs of Parkinson’s disease include the following:
- Tremor of the hands, arms, legs, jaw and face
- Bradykinesia or slowness of movement
- Rigidity or stiffness of the limbs and trunk
- Postural instability or impaired balance and coordination
- Loss of automatic movements (a decreased ability to perform unconscious movements, including blinking, smiling or swinging your arms when you walk.)
- Speech changes.. You may speak softly, quickly, slur or hesitate before talking.
- Writing changes. It may become hard to write, and your writing may appear small.
- Medical history
- Review of patient signs ans symptoms
- Neurological exam
- Physical exam
- Imaging tests: include
- Ultrasound of the brain
- SPECT and PET scans
- Surgical procedures
Consult at Aadil hospital for medical and surgical procedures