Inflammation of the tissue around the teeth, often causing shrinkage of the gums and loosening of the teeth.
When gingivitis is not treated, it can advance to “periodontitis” In periodontitis, gums pull away from the teeth and form spaces that become infected, resulting in reapsorption bone around teeth. That may ultimately result in loss of teeth.
• Redness or bleeding of gums while brushing teeth, using dental floss or biting into hard food (e.g. apples)
• Gum swelling
• Spitting out blood after brushing teeth
• Halitosis, or bad breath, and a persistent metallic taste in the mouth
• Deep pockets between the teeth and the gums
• Loose teeth
• Clinical Examination (Examination of soft gum tissues around the teeth with a probe)
• Probe and Charting
• By evaluating the patient's X-ray films
Consult with Dentist At Aadil Hospital for Medical and Surgical Treatment.