Leukapheresis a process by which blood is withdrawn from a vein, whiteblood cells are selectively removed, and the remainingblood is reinfused in the donor.
The normal number of WBCs in the blood is 4,500 to 10,000 white blood cells per microliter (mcL).
Aadil Hospital follows all rules and regulation of Punjab Blood Banking Act. Blood bank shall issues cross match card with donor’s blood and would adhere to instructions of MSDS and Punjab blood transfusion authority.
The Aadil Hospital Blood transfusion committee over sees the transfusion practice and compromise of
• Director Admin
• Surgical Specialist
• Medical Specialist
• Microbiologist/Infection Control Officer
• Blood Bank In-charge
• O.T In-charge
Special emphasis is laid on ISO, Quality Management system Protocols and MSDS standards to ensure healthy and safe transfusion.
The Blood Bank focuses on:
a) Documentation of blood donor informed consent.
b) Documentation of Blood Screening for infectious diseases.
c) Processing of Donated blood as per established Standard Operating Protocols.
d) Storage, Labeling, access control, temperature requirement, Cross matching, collection, administration of blood and blood products and other vital aspects of blood banking are monitored and assured as per MSDS protocols.
e) Patients disease history and medication chart is consulted before prescribing a blood product.
f) Professional team of doctors and paramedical staffs have an eye to identify real and suspected transfusion reactions.
g) Disposal of blood and related products is assured to comply with environmental standards.
Leukapheresis is usually prescribed in the treatment of follwing symtoms:
- Bleeding or bruising
- Feeling weak, tired, or sick
- Feeling dizzy, faint, or sweaty
- Pain or tingling in your arms, legs, or abdomen
- Trouble breathing, thinking, or seeing
- Losing weight without trying, or a poor appetite
- Enlarged, but painless, lymph nodes
- Pain in the upper left portion of the abdomen, which may be caused by an enlarged spleen
- Night sweats
- Frequent infections
- It is characterized by an extremely elevated blast cell count and symptoms of decreased tissue perfusion
It is a treatment or supportive care measure in patients
- Systemic infections in patients with neutropenia
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- ALL Acute lymphocytic leukemia
- AML Acute myeloid Leukemia
- chronic lymphocytic leukemia CLL
- CML Chronic myeloid leukemia
- Wounds that take a long time to heal
Contact relavent consultant physician and hematologist at Aadil Hospital to prescribe a suaitable treatment plan.