Ultraviolet light therapy is also known as phototherapy. It is a kind of therapy that involves exposing the skin to ultraviolet light for a prescribed duration of time. Phototherapy can also involve the use of other forms of light such as lasers and flurescent lamp.
- Helps improve blood circulation in the affected area.
- Stimulates production of collagen required for repairing damaged tissues.
- Activates the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
- Helps eliminate continuous inflammation, itch and can trigger faster tissue repair.
- Helps treat many types of skin problems and aids in reduction of scar tissue.
Consult at Aadil Hospital for physical therapy.