Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) that causes long-lasting inflammation and ulcers (sores) in your digestive tract. Ulcerative colitis affects the innermost lining of your large intestine (colon) and rectum. Symptoms usually develop over time, rather than suddenly.
You may have the following signs and symptoms, depending on which part of the colon is inflamed:
• Diarrhea, often with blood or pus
• Abdominal pain and cramping
• Rectal pain
• Rectal bleeding — passing small amount of blood with stool
• Urgency to defecate
• Inability to defecate despite urgency
• Weight loss
• In children, failure to grow
• Blood tests
• Stool sample
• Flexible sigmoidoscopy
• Ulcerative colitis treatment usually involves either drug therapy or surgery.
• Food to limit or avoid
• Dietary Measurement
Sometimes you may feel helpless when facing ulcerative colitis. But changes in your diet and lifestyle may help control your symptoms and lengthen the time between flare-ups.E
Consult at Aadil Hospital for better treatment.