Tinnitus is the perception of sound in the ears or head in the absence of external sounds. The perceived sound is different for each person but can commonly be reported as ringing, hissing, buzzing or insect sounds.
Patients have described the sound that they perceive in the ear or head in many different ways, such as
• Buzzing and humming sounds.
• Hearing Exam
• Imaging tests: Include CT or MRI scans
To treat your tinnitus, your Aadil Hospital doctor will first try to identify any underlying, treatable condition that may be associated with your symptoms. If tinnitus is due to a health condition, your doctor may be able to take steps that could reduce the noise.
• Earwax removal. Removing impacted earwax can decrease tinnitus symptoms.
• Treating a blood vessel condition. Underlying vascular conditions may require medication, surgery or another treatment to address the problem.
• Changing your medication. If a medication you're taking appears to be the cause of tinnitus, your doctor may recommend stopping or reducing the drug, or switching to a different medication.
Consult at Aadil Hospital for medical and surgical treatment.