Smoking causes cancer, breathing problems, heart attacks, and stroke. Secondhand smoke causes worsening of asthma and breathing problems.
If you smoke, quitting smoking is the most important and difficult step you can take to protect your lungs.
"It is NEVER too late to Quit."
The common symptoms include:
- intense craving for nicotine
- difficulty in concentrating
- trouble in sleeping
- increased appetite and weight gain
Why should I quit?
You’ve probably heard how smoking can be harmful. Here’s some ways quitting can be helpful. If you quit, you will:
- Prolong your life
- Improve your health (Smoking increases your risk of lung cancer, throat cancer, emphysema, heart disease, high blood pressure, ulcers, gum disease and other conditions.)
- Feel healthier (Smoking can cause coughing, poor athletic ability and sore throats.)
- Look better (Smoking can cause face wrinkles, stained teeth and dull skin.)
- Improve your sense of taste and smell
- Save money
Your pulmonologist can help you to decide which smoking cessation method will work best for you.
Consult your pulmonologist at Aadil Hospital for Smoking Cessation.