The three most common forms of prostate disease
a) Inflammation (Prostatitis)
b) Non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
c) Prostate cancer
Sign and Symptoms: Include
- Nocturia: Waking up at night to pass urine
- Frequency: Within 2hrs need to pass urine after passing last urine.
- Difficulty starting urination and straining while urinating
- Urgency: Inability to postpone, patient cannot hold or post pone urine.
- Intermittency: Weak urine stream or a stream that stops and starts
- Dribbling at the end of urination
- Inability to completely empty the bladder
Less common signs and symptoms include:
- Urinary tract infection
- Inability to urinate
- Blood in the urine
• Rectal examination
• Blood tests
Medical Management: If patient presents early.
Surgical treatment: include
• Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate (TURP)
• Trans Vesical Prostatectomy (TVP)
• Retvopubic Prostatectomy (RPP)
Consult Urologist at Aadil Hospital for medical and surgical treatment.