is a surgical subspecialty of medicine dealing with the disorders of children\'s genitourinary systems.
The most common problems are those involving disorders of urination, reproductive organs and testes.
Some of the problems they deal with are:
• Pelvi-Ureteric Junction (PUJ) Obstruction: A PUJ obstruction is where there is an obstruction to normal urine flow from the renal pelvis into the ureter.
• Bladder control problems such as bedwetting (Nocturnal Enuresis) and daytime urinary incontinence
• Undescended testes (cryptorchidism)
• Epispadias ( Pelvic ureteric junction obstruction)
• Urolithiasis (bladder and kidney stones)
• Chordee and other minor malformations of the penis
• Phimosis and Para Phimosis
• Urinary obstruction and vesicoureteral reflux
• Neurogenic bladder (e.g., associated with spina bifida)
• Antenatal hydronephrosis
• Wilims Tumor: Tumors and cancers of the kidneys in young children
• Repair of genitourinary trauma
• Genitourinary malformations and birth defects
• Prune belly syndrome
• Cloacal exstrophy, bladder exstrophy, and epispadias
• Ambiguous genitalia and intersex conditions
- Physical examination
- Clinical history
- Laboratory test
Consult at Aadil Hospital for medical and surgical treatment.