Otoplasty — also known as cosmetic ear surgery — is a procedure to change the shape, position or size of the ears.
You might consider otoplasty if:
• Your ear or ears stick out too far from your head
• Your ears are large in proportion to your head
• You're dissatisfied with a previous ear surgery
• Your ears are misshapened due to an injury or birth defect.
Initially, you'll talk to a plastic surgeon about otoplasty. During your first visit, your plastic surgeon will likely:
• Review your medical history. current and past medical conditions, especially any ear infections. Talk about any medications you're taking or have taken recently, as well as any surgeries you've had.
• Do a physical exam. To determine your treatment options, the doctor will examine your ears — including their placement, size, shape and symmetry. Aadil hospital’s doctor might also take pictures of your ears for your medical record.
• Discuss your expectations. Explain why you want otoplasty and what you're hoping for in terms of appearance after the procedure. Make sure you understand the risks, such as possible overcorrection.
Otoplasty can be done in a Aadil hospital or an outpatient surgical facility
Sometimes the procedure is done with sedation and local anesthesia, which numbs only part of your body.
Consult Aadil hospital’s surgeon for further details regarding this treatment.