Like other common dental problems, missing teeth can cause serious complications over time if left untreated resulting will be space loss for that particular teeth. Therefore, it is important that individuals missing one or more teeth seek treatment as soon as possible.
Common Causes of tooth loss.
• Tooth decay,
• Oral diseases, including periodontal (gum) disease.
• Trauma (accidental loss)
Here are some options to replace a lost tooth or teeth. Consult dentist at Aadil Hospital about which option is best for you:
• Bridges. Anchored to your adjacent teeth, these can be removable or fixed, depending on your mouth, your dentist’s recommendation and your needs.
• Dentures: An option if you’ve lost all or most of your teeth.
a. Removable dentures: A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues.
Two types of dentures are available -- complete and partial dentures.
- Complete dentures are used when all the teeth are missing, while
- Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
b. Implant borne Fixed dentures: An implant supported fixed denture is a lifelike set of false teeth- complete with prosthetic gum tissue that stays in your mouth all the time.
• Implants. Most similar to a natural tooth.