Periodontal diseases range from simple gum inflammation to serious disease that results in major damage to the soft tissue and bone that support the teeth. In the worst cases, teeth are lost.
Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease that can usually be reversed with daily brushing and flossing, and regular cleaning by a dentist or dental hygienist.
Signs and Symptoms:
• Gums that is red, tender, or swollen.
• Gums that bleed when you brush or floss your teeth.
• Gums that have pulled away from the teeth.
• Loose teeth.
• a change in how your teeth fit together when you bite (malocclusion)
• Pus between teeth and gums.
• Pain when chewing.
Test and diagnostic exam include:
1. Clinical Examination:
- Periapical and OPG (Orthopectogram)
• Practice proper oral hygiene to treat gingivitis.
• Cut back on any smoking
• Control your diabetes.
For other treatments include deep cleaning your teeth, antibiotic medications, and surgery consult with dentist/dental surgeon at Aadil Hospital.