CA Stomach also known as gastric cancer is cancer developing from the lining of the stomach.
Early symptoms may include
• Upper abdominal pain
• Loss of appetite.
Later signs and symptoms may include
• Weight loss,
• Yellow skin and whites of the eyes,
• Difficulty swallowing,
• Blood in the stool among others
• Medical history
• Physical exam
• Laboratory studies.
The patient may also have one or all of the following exams:
• Gastroscopic exam is the diagnostic method of choice. This involves insertion of a fibre optic camera into the stomach to visualise it.
• Upper GI series (may be called barium roentgenogram).
• Computed tomography or CT scanning of the abdomen may reveal gastric cancer, but is more useful to determine invasion into adjacent tissues, or the presence of spread to local lymph nodes. Wall thickening of more than 1 cm that is focal, eccentric and enhancing favours malignancy.
Treatment for stomach cancer may include
• Radiation therapy
Consult at Aadil Hospital for medical and surgical treatment.