Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurodevelopmental psychiatric disorder in which there are significant problems with executive functions (e.g., attentional control and inhibitory control) that cause attention deficits, hyperactivity, or impulsiveness which is not appropriate for a person\'s age.
An individual with inattention may have some or all of the following symptoms:
• Be easily distracted, miss details, forget things, and frequently switch from one activity to another
• Have difficulty maintaining focus on one task
• Become bored with a task after only a few minutes, unless doing something enjoyable
• Have difficulty focusing attention on organizing and completing a task or learning something new
• Not seem to listen when spoken to
• Daydream, become easily confused, and move slowly
• Have difficulty processing information as quickly and accurately as others
An individual with hyperactivity may have some or all of the following symptoms:
• Fidget and squirm in their seats
• Talk nonstop
• Dash around, touching or playing with anything and everything in sight
• Have trouble sitting still during dinner, school, doing homework, and story time
• Be constantly in motion
• Have difficulty doing quiet tasks or activities
These hyperactivity symptoms tend to go away with age and turn into "inner restlessness" in teens and adults with ADHD.
ADHD is diagnosed by an assessment of
• A person's childhood behavioral
• Mental development, including ruling out the effects of drugs, medications and other medical or psychiatric problems as explanations for the symptoms.
• Behavioral Therapies
Consult at Aadil Hospital for medical treatment.