General anesthesia makes you both unconscious and unable to feel pain during medical procedures. General anesthesia is commonly produced by a combination of intravenous drugs and inhaled gasses (anesthetics).
General anesthesia cause light sedation.
Before you undergo general anesthesia, your anesthesiologist will talk with you and may ask questions about:
• Your health history
• Your prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements
• Your past experiences with anesthesia
The anesthetist will verify correctness of patient name, medical record number, pre-operative tests,site marking if applicable etc. Before initiating the general anesthesia.
Aadil Hospital's anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist, along with your doctor, will recommend the best anesthesia option for you based on the type of surgery you are having, your overall health and your individual preferences.
Doctor may recommend general anesthesia for procedures that:
• Take a long time
• Include significant blood loss
• Expose you to a cold environment
• Affect your breathing ( such as chest or upper abdominal surgery)